- During which periods can the slot's exchange be applied for?
Virtually all year round
Before the start of every IATA season, through the tender procedure-regulated by Articles 3 et seq. on the slots' exchange procedure-, and for the remainder of the IATA season (when a tender is not opened), through the special exchange procedure- regulated by Article 28 of the slot exchange procedure.
- What features must the slot that is being delivered in exchange for the one being received, have?
It is sufficient that the slot being delivered is a slot in GRU, to operate during the IATA season to which the exchange refers. However, you can previously consult the Comitê de Facilitação de Voos for more information regarding the preferences of the Slot for the purpose of exchange.
- What determines if the exchange can be made?
That LATAM has not exchanged (at the intended date of the exchange), four takeoff slots and four landing slots; and that the applicant airline has slots to exchange with LATAM.
- Who defines what company receives slots when the number of applications is greater than thenumber of available slots for the exchange?
The National Economic Prosecutor's Office of Chile (La Fiscalía Nacional Económica de Chile, in Spanish)
- How long can I take before I start using a slot?
The airlines that receive LATAM's slots in exchange must commence to operate such slots regularly at least within the 25 days counted from the date stated by the applicant in his slot application.
- Do I have to pay for this slot exchange?
You do not have to pay any amount of money for the slot that you are receiving in exchange from LATAM.
- Can I exchange slots if I am not a company incorporated in Chile or Brazil?
No, a requisite for the exchange is that the airlines have to be incorporated in Chile and Brazil. However, in case of a tender, said condition is required at the moment of signing the contract.
- Can I exchange slots if I have no traffic rights between Chile and Brazil?
No, since this is one of the technical and operational requirements to be able to participate in a slot's exchange procedure.
- Can I shorten the start period of the operations in the special exchange procedure?
No, since for the operation of said special procedure is essential to have a window of 130 days, counted from the commencement of said procedure.
- Can I request an exchange for any slot that LATAM has assigned in the Guarulhos airport?
- How many times per season are calls to tenders done and in what dates?
A call to tender is done per every IATA season. Additionally, there is a special exchange procedure that allows you to request slots during the rest of the IATA season.
The answers contained herein are only intended for informational purposes on the Slot's exchange Procedure, approved by the Tribunal de Defensa de la Libre Competencia (Chilean Antritrust Court). Said answers do not replace nor modify the procedure.
A copy of the Slot's exchange Procedure can be downloaded from LATAM's webpage: www.latamairlinesgroup.net.